NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Cornerstone Media Group
Advertisers today expect measurable results, and Cornerstone Media Group delivers results as our direct response spots and infomercial recommendations are based on data driven performance metrics. Cornerstone is based in downtown Minneapolis, and we have been helping television stations, cable systems, satellite providers, and networks increase their direct response advertising revenues for the past 22 years.
Business Development Director
Cornerstone Media Group, a premier performance based direct response media company, is hiring a director of new business development. The person hired will be a key member of the team redefining performance based advertising for networks, cable systems, satellite companies, and linear and digital television stations. CMG has been defining performance based media for over 22 years. Become part of the team where intelligence, analytical and sales abilities come together to create a win-win-win situation for our advertising clients, media outlets, and Cornerstone.
Prospect, identify, market to, negotiate and close potential new advertising clients directly or with their ad agencies of record. Will involve cold calling, identifying decision makers, developing and presenting marketing/sales materials, and conducting new business sales meetings. Work with other team members to ensure an easy transition for new clients to allow CMG to place their ads.
• Maintain database of existing and potential advertisers.
• Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with existing advertisers and agencies and develop new opportunities to grow our business with them.
• Keep up-to-date with industry trends and identify new business opportunities for CMG, including non-traditional direct response/hybrid/performance based advertisers.
• Work with CMG media directors, client services and finance directors, and with advertising clients, to establish fair and reasonable payouts and cost of media targets.
• Attend industry functions and travel to potential advertising clients as necessary.
• Work with other CMG directors and managing directors to ensure CMG’s supremacy in providing the best service to advertising and media clients.
Knowledge and skills required:
Three to five years of advertising client acquisition of DR and/or hybrid spot and/or long-form content.
Established relationships with DR/hybrid agencies and marketers.
Great communications skills
Strong analytical skills
Strong computer skills
Strong interpersonal skills outside and inside CMG
Strong DRTV/hybrid advertising knowledge
Compensation and work environment
Relaxed work environment emphasizing collaboration, teamwork.
Opportunity for growth within company
Excellent health benefits, flex benefits
Profit sharing plan
Optional summer hours
Only candidates eligible to work in the US without sponsorship should apply.
For consideration send your resume and salary requirements to depstein@
Thanks to all who submit information for consideration, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.