Key Account Manager
Are you a goal-setter who is motivated to secure sales directly and through team members? Does
the chance to grow business relationships intrigue you as much as finding new clients? Do others
describe you as deeply organized? Does the prospect of working creatively with many clients on
several facets of their businesses at the same time excite you? If so, we should talk.
Our next market manager will be responsible for maintaining and increasing advertising sales
throughout your territory and take it to the next level and beyond. We are looking for a
responsive leader who enjoys growing current relationships, building new ones, and working
closely with your staff and potential clients through in-person, written and phone
communication. You can be our next addition if you are detail-focused, possess good business
sense and have an ability to meet or exceed your sales budgets and goals.
Company Description: Things you should know about us.
Our purpose is to amplify our clients advertising campaigns and to elevate their brands. We are a
generational company, with nearly 100 years in business, that thinks long term. We believe our
team members are our biggest asset and if we treat them as such they will go to great lengths to
serve our clients. We are passionate about our products and unwavering in our dedication to
provide service and value to our partners.
Currently we partner with transit systems spread across the United States and have built long-
lasting relationships with each system based on open communication, respect and integrity.
Above all we value our culture. The team we have crafted is the main reason we have
experienced year after year of growth. Each team member works their tail off for our clients. Not
because we tell them to but because they are rock stars who come to work each day motivated to
lead us forward.
Skills and Requirements
• 5+ years of successful sales experience, some media sales.
• Effective leadership experience.
• Experience in sales planning, cold calling, pre-visit planning and presenting in-person.
• Ability to convert prospects and close opportunities.
• Interest in growing the position.
• Excellent networking and interpersonal skills. You can develop long-term relationships.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Above-average computer knowledge. Fluent in typical business-type software (Word,
Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint/Keynote, etc.) and eager to learn new proprietary systems.
• Possess valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Willing to travel 30-50%.
• Communicates clearly in English.
• Type: Full-time
• Minimum: 5 years of sales experience
• Education: Minimum Associates Degree, Bachelors preferred
• Functions: Sales / Business Development
• Exemption Status: Exempt
• Based: in St. Paul, MN office building
• Earnings package, base plus commissions.
• Company network and managers to assist and support you with marketing materials,
RFP/RFQ preparation and client support.
• Opportunity to enroll in the company medical and dental plans as well as vision, short
and long-term disability, hospital insurance and 401K plan with company match.
• Friendly, welcoming work environment, company get-togethers and events, flexible work
hours, newly remodeled facility.
Our employees represent the best of who we are and what we are about. We’re always looking
for individuals who share our effort to exceed our client’s expectations. We hope you will
consider joining our team!
Houck Transit Advertising is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status.
Send resume here to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org