The CW Twin Cities has a great opportunity for you! We are seeking a creative, dynamic, professional to lead The CW Twin Cities Promotion and Production Team. You will work directly with the General Manager and the Marketing Sales Manager for WUCW-TV. You must possess the ability to create effective marketing campaigns, manage, and motivate a production crew and continually bring fresh and creative ideas to The CW Twin Cities Creative Services Department.
Oversee all facets of station promotion and production, including on-air, online, social media, events and station promotion events. Manage and work with a staff of Producer/Editors and to achieve the best possible quality spots and programs while hitting deadlines.
Work closely with the General Manager formulate the Ratings Sweeps Plans and implement them. Handle Media Vendor paperwork and Co-op submissions with WUCW’s Agency. Schedule and manage all production needs for Sales including, client commercials, marketing campaigns, sales presentations, fall previews,
station promotions and community campaigns.
*The ideal candidate:*
- Television background which includes producing, shooting, editing, lighting, audio, writing and a background in graphic art…
- Management experience…
- Energetic attitude with the ability to motivate a crew…
- Extensive knowledge on current video production technology…
- College Education required
- Oversee the execution of station image and brand through demo targeted campaigns and vehicles.
- Develop creative clip driven promotional campaigns and spots based upon specific programming.
- Oversee the production and use of on-air promotional announcements designed to promote programming to include tagging, scripting, production, scheduling of spots and satellite feeds.
- Conduct meetings with potential partners to develop events that promote viewing in conjunction with quarterly media plans.
- Oversee all aspects of station event promotions to include writing copy, overseeing production and scheduling spots.
- Establish an advertising plan within the annual budget including ensuring General Manager and Corporate approves all buys before execution.
- Request co-op from all syndicators including compiling request forms and faxing and/or mailing as needed until approval is obtained before the first spot runs.
- Establish an advertising plan for each quarter six weeks before the quarter begins when possible.
- Assist the General Manager and Agency overseeing the purchasing and placement of outside media including ensuring that is on schedule and within budget.
- Submit co-op reimbursement reports to syndicators and network and follow up to ensure the reimbursement is received in a timely manner.
- Produce and deliver all radio and cable spots for advertising flights during sweeps and all other periods.
- Create promotional ideas to generate revenue such as sales presentations for clients.
- Attend meetings with clients to discuss promotional opportunities.
- Implement sales promotions including writing copy, Shooting, editing overseeing the production and scheduling of spots, designing, printing and distributing point of sale materials, overseeing prize fulfillment and coordination of prize giveaways (travel arrangements, tickets, toys, etc).
- Oversee the conceptualization of commercial spots to meet marketing objectives defined by advertisers.
- Oversee pre-production tasks including shooting, editing, writing scripts and obtaining props if necessary.
- Ensure technical issues are resolved related to the planned production.
- Review and approve concept approval prior to production.
- Oversee and perform all aspects of production including setting up lighting and audio, “set dressing”, directing and videotaping shots if necessary.
- Direct and review all tasks performed by the promotion and production departments.
- Fill all department openings in a timely fashion in consultation with General Manager including reviewing and approving new hire form.
- Ensure all department employees are trained thoroughly including cross-training in every position with-in the department.
- Consistently provide feedback to employees regarding performance.
- Ensure all material not suitable for air as directed by the FCC, Corporate office by close of business.
- Ensure the Chief Engineer, Master Control, General Manager, Custodian of Public File and other appropriate personnel are notified via email that material has been edited.
- Adhere to all other FCC regulations as outlined in manual.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.